Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Altered Cigar Box and Cards

My mother in law's birthday is the day after Christmas.  Her husband is a retired optometrist and they owned their own business where she managed the front etc.  Anyways, they've collected some antique equipment over the years to put into their office.  When I saw the this Graphic 45 paper, I knew I would eventually make something for her with it.  I picked up this box at CraftWarehouse for $3. I painted it black, but just a light coat that I then sand papered to distress some. Modgepodge for the paper and then I embellished it. The glasses were just $1 from the dollar store. I'd never use real ones as those I donate to the Lion's etc.  The feet and corners are Tim Holtz.  I then used my Silhouette to make a bunch of cards.  I've been using it more lately as it's sitting on my table ready to go. I do find that the Silhouette software is much better than the Cricut Craft Room.  I hope ProvoCraft eventually adds more abilities to their software. I wasn't sure how it'd go over, but my DH called tonight and told me she loved it (whew!)  I have another one I'll be making with a different paper for another family member.  Thanks for looking!




These are actual pictures I've taken with my camera.  One simple and quick way to make some cards is with a 4x6" picture and some gold edging stickers.  Usually I do black in the background, but didn't this time. I think I prefer the black myself.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I treasure all of them. :)