Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Mini Album

You would think I never craft with how often I post, but I do!!  Time to add a few posts.  I started to create this mini with someone else in mind and then I really liked how it came out so decided to keep it.  First time I have *ever* done that.  I'll make the someone else another one as I still have lots of paper. :)  I initiailly wasn't sure about this paper until I was dinking about on youtube and ran across various video's.  Sometimes it is just like fabric, it's what you do with it that makes it great.

So, I used a mix of Silhouette and Cricut Cuts.  The gears and clock on the one page that are big are from the Silhouette Store.The other gears on the front is the 'gears' from CCR.  Lots of tags and some flip out pages.  Also what looks like a little booklet that holds 12 pictures in it. All made by one 12"x12" piece of paper.  A few fussycut items with Utee on them.   I also learned about using magnets which I had NEVER heard of before.  It is SO GREAT! 

The how to video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biv9nwnJgJ8

Some things I've learned.  The tiny magnets don't hold very well through layers of cardstock.  I ended up finding 3/8" x 1/32" on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/151005024208?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
that are working well in some other projects I have going on.  Thin which is good  but the little bit of a larger size seems to work better.  The 1/32" is the thinness you want in my opinion.

I went back and found a picture of my girls, and often my nephew, each year in their Halloween costumes.  I have blank tags for the next few years until they outgrow dressing up.  Perfect way to look back over the years of Halloween.
Thanks for looking!












1 comments:

  1. I was looking at this stack in Craft Warehouse yesterday, Khrista, and could not imagine liking anything created with it... so much for me! This is wonderful! I love how you've pulled the papers and colors together, and how creative your pages are. Thank you for sharing and no, I'm not going back to buy the stack, I'll just come here to admire your mini! :) Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I treasure all of them. :)