Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mini Album - Graphic 45 Secret Garden

I saw the new Graphic 45 line and just LOVED it.  It is so gorgeous. It was *really* hard for me to even cut it.  I rarely say that about paper, but this is one of those times.  I was inspired to do this album by one of their projects on the Graphic 45 blog->  http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2013/03/blooming-ideas-with-secret-garden-cards-mini.html

As with any mini album, we always make it our own. I found this clipboard cover made by Zutter that is really like a clipboard, heavy duty. I modge podged just the front and back covers on both sides for extra protection.  I layered the design on the front which I also used modge podge on.  I may go back and add more embellishments after I put pictures in. I haven't decided. I left the back page blank intentionally as I may use that as a journaling spot about whatever I put into the album.  Funny enough, this is the first album I've actually made for myself.  I'm always making stuff for other people as I enjoy doing so. I didn't have anyone in mind when I started this and love the papers so much that I'm going to keep it.  I'm thinking some pictures of family at the Rose Gardens in Portland would be perfect to go into it. We'll see. Outdoor pictures though for sure I think.  Thanks for looking! :)

Front cover where the fence is actually another layer for a 3-D effect.
The tab with the flower pulls up for a hidden journal/picture spot. New trick I just learned.

Tag to pull out

More tags. Also where I may embellish some more. Hard to see the 'bling' in the pictures.

Envelope I made with a tag to pull out for a picture and journaling.

Back side of the envelope. Another page for a picture, etc.

Two picture spots. Hard to see that the two butterflies are popping out.

Purely decorative I think.  What you definitely can't see is that some of those 'seed' rectangles are popped out. I used Tim Holtz's Glossy Accents to put a sheen on them too.

Picture spots on the backside and front side of the one behind.

I *finally* found a place to use a stick pin (the blue butterfly). I've always loved them, but could never figure out where on earth to use them.  It worked perfectly here I think.

I forgot to take a picture of this closed.  There's two picture spots on the top, which opens up to these 3 picture spots and a journaling tag.  The page to the right is the last page in the book.

1 comments:

  1. I too love this paper collection. You did a fantastic job on this album. I think it is the most beautiful lay outs I seen in a long while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I treasure all of them. :)