Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Altered $1 Frame using Cricut Imagine

If I haven't mentioned it lately, I LOVE my Imagine. I often use my pattern cartridges and the RGB codes the most. That's the whole reason I purchased an Imagine when it launched. I own all of the cartridges, pattern and image so have lots to choose from when it comes to patterns etc. The cartridge I used for this in it's entirity was Country Carnival. It's one you don't see used very often. I think people look at it and think cowboy themed and really that's not what it is. It's a cool font cartridge, but what sold me on it was the flowers and some of the old fashioned type paper (plus I think I got it on ebay for less than $10 :) ). This one had a car printed on it, but it happened to be right where I needed to cut the inside part of the frame out. The images were all cut out at 3". First I printed a sheet of paper. It's the pattern with roses in a corner and a car in the middle. It has a slight blue-ish tint to it. I used a cream colored cardstock to give it a little old fashioned look. I cut all of the images I used 3 times. Once I had all of that done, I used Glossy Accents on the images I wanted to raise up for dimension, thickness and the shine. I also hand cut a few images to layer on top of the paper. While that dried, I inked around the frame using Tim Holtz Fired Brick Red and Black Soot. I also inked the edges of the paper and used a clear glimmer mist to add a little sparkle to the paper also. I used my ATG gun and pop dots to adhere the paper and iamges down. Then I embellished with some bling. Not too shabby for a $1 frame and things I had on hand already. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. I re-read your blog post and I'm going to see about getting this cartridge. I love the flowers on this paper! Thanks for sharing and good luck on your DT submission!

    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frame I love it...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your frame and all the details you added! Such a beautiful project for so little $!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful frame. Love the colors you chose. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful frame. I love my Imagine as well, but haven't used it very much yet. I just recently took my Expression off my desk so I'll be forced to use my "I" more often. I was worried about using it with my Gypsy, but it worked perfectly. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your frame turned out really pretty, I like the dimension on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I treasure all of them. :)